13 July 2010

Interiors and a sketch book.

IMG_4739

IMG_4744

IMG_4742

IMG_4741

IMG_4743

IMG_4745

Lately I've been experimenting with illustrating interiors of homes. Sometimes they are created from my imagination, but when I started out I focused mostly on interiors from magazines, books, anything that would spark my interest.

Growing as an artist, I never kept a dedicated sketch book to house my thoughts, ideas, basically my 'meanderings' if you will. I think it was always a challenge to carry something with me that would allow me to record my daily life in images. It's kind of frustrating for me because I think that would have been really nice to have later on in life, to look back on. Maybe I should start to keep one.

Do you have a sketch book? Do you keep one regularly, and how do you stay in the habit of keeping one up to date?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...