09 June 2010

Iceland

Lately I have been seeing a lot of news about Iceland. Namely, the volcano (hey, whatever happened to that? News coverage certainly diminished quickly it seems).

I just came across this video from A Cup of Jo  about visiting Iceland. It was put together by the Icelandic government.  Pretty great.  And the music, if you are wondering, is Emiliana Torrini.


Inspired by Iceland Video from Inspired By Iceland on Vimeo.


While on the subject of Iceland, Mr. W and I recently watched a Sigur Ros video about the country. It was called Heima (Home) and it was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone interested in seeing a beautifully filmed movie. And some great music to boot.

Another movie I have not yet seen but wish to is called Music From the Moon.  It looks really great as well.
I think it is being shown in Europe right now, but as soon as it comes over I'm adding it to my queue!

Oh Iceland, I think I heart you.


MUSIC FROM THE MOON * A scenic documentary film about music in Iceland & Greenland (Official Trailer) from GUCC grafik film on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...